Sunday, August 31, 2008

Running the week of September 1st

Hello, runners! I know the couch is sucking you in, but its time to move that body. We have just 18 weeks now to the Disney Marathon, 8 weeks to Marine Corp and 6 weeks to Chicago Marathon. And 8 weeks to the Boston Mini-Marathon. Its a great half marathon in tiny Boston, GA and a great way to get a flavor for just how long a 1/2 marathon is. Now's the time to get movin'!

So, this is what the week looks like:

Tuesday: Speed work at the Leon Track at 6 p.m. with Chuck. Remember, we run rain or shine - lightning and tornadoes will be the only thing to stop us.

Wednesday: I'll be doing hills at Lafeyette Park at 6 p.m. if you'd like to join me. Its a hilly little trail about .6 miles around. I do the loop as fast as possible, rest for a few minutes, then try to beat my time. Four laps around is about all I can handle, but if you're feeling froggy, by all means. . . . .

Thursday: Meet at Forest Meadows for 5 miles at 6 p.m.

Saturday: Meet at 7 a.m. at Another Broken Egg parking lot for 10 miles in Killearn Lakes. I'll put a cooler out at WCTV, please let us know you're coming and if you feel the running love, sign up to put a cooler out. We need at least two more.

No comments: